In 2021, almost 50% of all online searches are from consumers who are looking to connect with local companies and contractors. In the absence of the yellow pages and traditional businesses directories, consumers rely on search engines to find local businesses. If you are a Newcastle or Maitland based business and you don’t have a localised strategy in place, you’re missing out on valuable traffic.
It’s simple, people use Google to find local businesses. If you don’t have a local SEO company working for your business, you’re missing out on the opportunity to capture valuable local customers. If you want to attract local customers to your business, you need to have a Newcastle and Maitland Local SEO strategy in place.
Hunter V Digital, we specialise in Local SEO Maitland and Newcastle services. We do SEO for businesses of all sizes, but we love taking a local approach for one really good reason – our Hunter Valley campaigns consistently deliver ridiculous ROI. We have tried and tested methods for turning modest small businesses into successful small businesses that dominate all around NSW. From Lake Macquarie to Cessnock , our Local SEO campaigns help modest businesses to become industry leaders in the Hunter Valley area.
So what is local SEO exactly? This is a form of local online marketing that allows businesses to promote their products and services to locals. It utilises the immense power of search engines such as Google and Yahoo for your business to be seen by your target market. It also makes use of alternative sites such as social media networks and online business directories to get more exposure. One great thing about this system is that it allows your business to be seen right when your prospective clients need it the most.
To better understand the importance of local SEO, here are some of the advantages they provide. Also included in this list are the reasons why you should try it right now if you are maintaining a website or running a business.
- More people are going to the internet – It is a known fact that many people are relying on the internet for much-needed information. After all, it is readily accessible and highly convenient. Knowing this, shouldn’t you take advantage of this phenomenon? You should try and target those who go to the internet, and using local SEO techniques is one of the best tricks in the book to do that.
- Local searches are increasing – Among the latest trends in internet use over the past few years is the increase in local searches. Statistics would show that there’s a 58% increase in local searches between 2008 and 2009, and that figure has been increasing in the succeeding years. In addition to this, people nowadays use the Internet as their go-to source for finding local information.
- Local SEO has the highest conversion rate – Conversion rate is defined in marketing as the number of people who see the promotion that get converted into customers. Basically, this rate measures the effectiveness of a marketing technique in acquiring customers. Local marketing is proven to have the highest conversion rate among different advertising options.
- Search results are becoming individualised – Google’s search results are constantly evolving. Today, one of the things they are pushing is providing users with a more individualised experience. That means providing results that are customised according to the individual’s needs. Using local SEO takes advantage of this trend, bringing you closer to the target market that matters most.
- Local SEO gives timely information – Timing is everything, as experts would say. One thing about local searches is that they are commonly done at the point of need. The implication of this is that people who are looking for local information are more likely than not potential consumers. When you are able to provide them timely info, your chances of converting these visitors into customers increases dramatically.
- Mobile internet use is increasing – The emergence of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets has made it possible for people to connect to the internet while they are on the go. In fact, statistics show that people are doing more searches using their devices. An additional trend on this would be proximity-based searches, making local searches all the more important.
- Local online marketing is still wide open – In spite of its popularity and potential, the field of local online marketing is still very much wide open. Not everyone has taken advantage of local SEO, and not everyone realises its immense potential. That said, while competition is now increasing, you still have a lot of time to take advantage of this window of opportunity, get more sales, and be a trendsetter.
- It helps in building rapport with clients – Giving your clients what they need when they need it the most helps in building rapport. They will certainly appreciate it if you can provide them exactly the information they are looking for. Local SEO techniques will help you build rapport with your potential clients, which improves your odds of turning them into long-term customers.
- More people are reading about businesses online – More people are relying on online content to get to know more about businesses. Aside from looking for information coming from the business themselves, they also make use of searches to explore supporting information such as reviews. This trend is another reason why you should focus on practising local SEO techniques.
- Local SEO provides a massive return of investment – In many ways, local SEO can provide you with a massive return of investment. For instance, implementing SEO techniques will cost you a little money, and even no money if you do your own online promotion campaigns. Add to its large reach targeted content, and high conversion rate and local SEO becomes even more potent and cost-effective.
If you still want to learn more, head over to our Google My Business page